Surf small talk
Shake up your every day routine with these laundry tips from Surf.
- Have you ever finished a load of laundry to find all your clothes have turned pink because of a pair of red socks? To find out if something will run, dampen a small area of the fabric and place a piece of white fabric on top. Iron it dry to see if the red colour runs through.
- The first time you wash a coloured garment, soak it in water and salt for several minutes. This will help prevent the colour from running.
- Have you spilt oil on something? Put some talcum powder on the spot. Still there? Try ironing the stain out by placing a piece of tissue paper on it.
- Fruit juice stains can be easily taken off with a little bit of lime juice.
- Rust spots on your clothes? Mix a little lemon juice and lukewarm water and apply a little on the stain. Be careful though because it can bleach colours out.
- Got nail varnish on your clothes? Pour a little nail varnish remover onto the stain. Not too much as it can bleach colours out.