Since 1938, Unilever Sri Lanka has strived to create a landscape that preserves and nurtures the true Sri Lankan way of life. Caring for the health and hygiene of Sri Lankans has always been our priority.
Over the years, we’ve built brands that have added vitality to the lives of Sri Lankans and we continue to put our consumers at the heart of everything we do. In doing so, we ensure that our products conform to the highest manufacturing standards to give our consumers the best quality products that enhance the quality of their lives.
We’ve made it our ethos to be governed by purpose and to advocate for the good. For ethics, for equality, for truth.
This is who we are. Here is our story.
This is the essence of our 80 years in Sri Lanka.
Governed by Purpose - The Unilever Sustainable Living Plan
In 2011, we created the Unilever Sustainable Living Plan (USLP) to build a business that the world could be proud of. It is our guiding light in trying times.
The plan has 3 big goals globally;
- Help more than a billion people to improve their health and well-being
- Halve the environmental footprint of the company's value chain
- Enhance the livelihoods of millions as we grow our business.
Our Sri Lankan Footprint
- We have positively impacted the health and hygiene of 4 million Sri Lankans through our Lifebuoy and Signal hygiene programmes.
- We have reduced the environmental footprint of our operations by reducing our water usage by 47%, greenhouse gases by 55% and energy usage by 19%.
- 15% of our water requirement is sourced through rain water harvesting.
- 40% of our energy is sourced through renewable energy sources.
Responsible Marketing & Truth in Advertising
We help people make better choices in a connected world. From the moment we wake up in the morning, we are exposed to hundreds of advertising messages - on our phones, on TV, on advertising hoardings, product packaging and many more such touch points. As the second-largest advertiser in the world based on media spend, we have a duty to ensure our marketing and advertising is responsible, abides by the principles of fair competition and is a force for good. Helping us to engage with consumers on issues that matter to them.
We are guided by 4 principles globally and locally;
- We are committed to building trust through responsible practices and transparent communication.
- It is our responsibility to ensure that our products are safe, and that we provide clear information on their use and any risks that are associated with their use.
- We fully support a consumer's right to know what is in our products and will be transparent in terms of ingredients, nutrition values, and the health and beauty properties of our products.
- We will use a combination of channels, including product labels, websites, care line phone numbers and/or leaflets to communicate openly with our consumers.
At Unilever, our values of Integrity, Respect, Responsibility and Pioneering are the simplest statements of who we are. Through change and evolution, they continue to govern everything we do. Our Code of Business Principles is a simple ethical statement of how we operate.
To support this, our Code Policies provide clear and powerful guidance on practical behaviours expected from each of our employees and those with whom we do business. We do business with integrity not just to comply with laws, legislation and regulations where we operate, but because of our longstanding commitment to doing the right thing.
It is our firm belief that, ‘Success without integrity is failure’.