Learn about our company; from our local roots and operations, to how we positively impact our country.
We are Unilever.
We are 127,000 people across the world, we are over 400 brand names in 190 countries, we are a global company with a global purpose.
We are driven by our purpose: to make sustainable living commonplace
It’s why we come to work. It’s why we’re in business. It’s how we inspire exceptional performance.
Back in 1883, Sunlight Soap was launched in the UK by our founder – it was pioneering, it was innovative and it had a purpose: to popularise cleanliness and bring it within reach of ordinary people. That was sustainable living, even then. We now have over 400 brands and we are still driven by purpose.
We want to do more good for our planet and our society – not just less harm. We want to act on the social and environmental issues facing the world and we want to enhance people’s lives with our products.
We’ve been pioneers, innovators and future-makers for over 120 years – we plan to continue doing that. And we plan to do it sustainably.
- 190+countrieswhere our brands are available
- 3.4 billionpeopleuse our products every day
- €60.1billionturnover in 2022with 59% in emerging markets
- 14 brandshad turnover of more than €1 billionin 2022
- 14 brandsin the top 50most chosen FMCG brands globally
- €7.8billionspenton Brand and Marketing Investment
- 127,000employees worldwide
- No1FMCG employer of choicefor graduates and early career talent in 16 out of our 20 biggest markets
- 54/46 gender balancemanagement (female/male)
- 21%of our packagingwas made of recycled plastic
- 48%of our portfoliooffered positive nutrition
- 667millionpeoplereached through brand purpose health and wellbeing programmes
- €818mspent with diverse businessesowned by under-represented groups
- €908 millionspenton Research and Development
- €1.7 billionincremental turnoverfrom innovations
- 280factoriesoperated by Unilever
- 68%reduction in GHG emissionsfrom energy and refrigerant use in our operations since 2015
- 25millioncustomer ordersprocessed annually
- 85yearsof sustainable business
- 96%of productsmanufactured locally
- 1stchoiceemployer for graduates
- 100,000retailer reachisland wide
Unilever in Sri Lanka
We have been deeply rooted in Sri Lankan society for over 84 years, curating a landscape that preserves and nurtures the true Sri Lankan way of life. Recognised as one of Sri Lanka’s leading fast-moving consumer goods companies, we produce 96% of our products locally, touching the lives of 21 million Sri Lankans on a daily basis.
As a company that is committed to be a force for good, our purpose-led initiatives have fostered enduring bonds with every Sri Lankan household we have touched over the years. This strong connection has been nurtured through our best-in-class portfolio of brands geared to set industry standards whilst enhancing the livelihoods of the communities we operate in. As a company that is part of a larger eco system that encourages diversity and inclusion, we recognise that only a sustainable business can deliver exceptional outcomes.